Pick-up and Installation of Appliances
Whether you live in Rangeley, ME, Conway, NH, Island Pond, VT or anywhere within 100 miles of Top Furniture, you can be assured your new home furnishings will arrive with the careful handling of our delivery team. Our delivery staff is employed by Top Furniture not a contract service. We are very proud of the delivery team's handling of many deliveries daily throughout the North Country.
Delivery to Your Home
Scheduling: To serve our customers more effectively we have developed 4 hour windows for delivery time. We deliver 6 days a week with predesignated areas for each day. Requests for special delivery days will be dealt with on a case by case basis and will require an additional delivery fee.
$19.95 up to 15 miles
$49.95 16 to 50 miles
$79.95 51 to 70 miles
$129.95 71 to 100 miles
If a scheduling conflict arises call 1-800-287-5212 at least 24 hours in advance. We will reschedule for the next available day to your area. - Our delivery personnel have cell phones and GPS units in their trucks, but please remember they are only as good as the signal they receive. We ask that you give your sales associate accurate directions to your destination. We are up in the North Country!!
Preparing for a Delivery
Our delivery personnel cannot enter your home unaccompanied unless prior arrangements have been made and a signed note is left for them to take with them.
~ Remove snow or any other obstacles that might hinder our delivery crew. Delivery
personnel have the right to refuse unsafe delivery conditions.
~ If a delivery requires removal of windows, or extensive time you will need to make
prior arrangements. Our delivery personnel are not allowed to do carpentry or
electrical work, install built-in appliances.
~ Please make sure all animals are out of harms way. We will not be responsible for
animals escaping from your home.
- Prepare your room for our delivery personnel. We will set up your furniture, assemble
if required, clean up and remove all packing materials.
~ Removal of old furniture does require a disposal fee as Top Furniture is charged by our
local municipalities. Our delivery personnel are not required to move furniture that is not
part of the delivery. They are on a tight schedule as they travel many miles in one day.
Picking up Merchandise:
Installation of Appliances:
Our delivery personnel are qualified to perform "normal" installations of the appliances we sell.
Examples of "normal" installations are listed here:
- Removal of old washer - set new one in its place - level - hook up new hoses to outlets
(If it requested that we use the old, or existing hoses, Top Furniture will not be held
responsible for any water leaks from the hoses or the connections).
- Removal of old electric dryer - set new one in its place - level - plug into an approved
electrical outlet - hook up vent connection (If the existing vent hose is anything other than
approved metal dryer venting, the Top Furniture delivery personnel will not hook it up.
Material such as plastic vent hose is considered to be a "fire hazard.")
- Removal of old electric range - explain the importance of installing a "Range anti-tip
Device" (See "Waiver and Release of Liability" form below) - set new one in place of
customers choosing until the anti-tip device can be installed.
- Removal of old refrigerator - set new one in its place - level - plug into outlet. If a
water line is to be connected, it is the responsibility of the customer to have the water
line in place and the water to it shut off. Top Furniture delivery personnel will attach
water line to the refrigerator as long as it has a proper fitting (Top Furniture will not be
held responsible for any water leaks from the water line or the connection)
- Removal of old washer with standing water in the tub.
- Reinforcement of floor to support new washer.
- Plumbing beyond normal hose or water line hook-up.
- Running new water line or vent hose.
- Installing any appliance in an area that could cause damage to the appliance, property or environment.
- Installing any appliance in an area that could cause injury to the installer or the end user.